We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the nation. We encourage and support an affirmative advertising and marketing program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, or sources of income.
Before completing the application, please read the following to see if you meet our general guidelines:
1. You must have a housing need. For example: no indoor plumbing, leaks in the roof, overcrowding (three to a bedroom), unsafe or unsanitary conditions.
2. Your household income needs to be at or below the following income guidelines:
3. With your permission, we will verify employment, income, checking and savings account balances, get a statement from your current and previous landlords, and complete a credit check.
4. If you are approved for a Habitat home, we require that all adult members in your household (18 years or older) be willing to work to complete the required 400 hours of sweat equity.
5. If approved for a Habitat home, approximately $800 will be needed for a down payment and closing costs (roughtly 1% of the anticipated sales price of the home). You will have some time to save this money before closing if your family is selected.
6. If you are approved for a home and if you meet sweat-equity and down payment requirements, then we will sell you home at cost with a no interest 20-25 year mortgage. The house payments that you make to Habitat will be used to build more houses for other families. This means that it is imperative that you make your payments on time, so that Habitat’s mission may continue.
If you are interested in Habitat and if you believe you qualify for a home according to the above guidelines, we encourage you to fill out and return the attached application . All information you provide is considered confidential and will be used only for the purpose of family selection. If you have any questions about the application, feel free to contact Wanda Pritzel from the Habitat Family Select Committee at 515-570-2310. Thank you for your interest in Habitat for Humanity!Download Cover Letter & Application
118 N. 12th Street
Fort Dodge, Iowa 50501
- Fort Dodge Project Near Phillips Middle School30 September 2011
- ReStore Spring 201113 April 2011
- Habitat Playhouse8 April 2011
- Wingerson Home in Fort Dodge14 December 2010